Last Updated on July 23, 2021 by InfraExam
312-50v10 : Certified Ethical Hacker v10 Exam : Part 09
A bank stores and processes sensitive privacy information related to home loans. However, auditing has never been enabled on the system. What is the first step that the bank should take before enabling the audit feature?
- Perform a vulnerability scan of the system.
- Determine the impact of enabling the audit feature.
- Perform a cost/benefit analysis of the audit feature.
- Allocate funds for staffing of audit log review.
Which of the following Nmap commands will produce the following output?
- nmap –sT –sX –Pn –p 1-65535 192.168.1.1
- nmap –sN –Ps –T4 192.168.1.1
- nmap –sS –sU –Pn –p 1-65535 192.168.1.1
- nmap –sS –Pn 192.168.1.1
As an Ethical Hacker you are capturing traffic from your customer network with Wireshark and you need to find and verify just SMTP traffic. What command in Wireshark will help you to find this kind of traffic?
- request smtp 25
- tcp.port eq 25
- smtp port
- tcp.contains port 25
Which of the following programs is usually targeted at Microsoft Office products?
- Polymorphic virus
- Multipart virus
- Macro virus
- Stealth virus
A new wireless client is configured to join a 802.11 network. This client uses the same hardware and software as many of the other clients on the network. The client can see the network, but cannot connect. A wireless packet sniffer shows that the Wireless Access Point (WAP) is not responding to the association requests being sent by the wireless client. What is a possible source of this problem?
- The WAP does not recognize the client’s MAC address
- The client cannot see the SSID of the wireless network
- Client is configured for the wrong channel
- The wireless client is not configured to use DHCP
What is correct about digital signatures?
- A digital signature cannot be moved from one signed document to another because it is the hash of the original document encrypted with the private key of the signing party.
- Digital signatures may be used in different documents of the same type.
- A digital signature cannot be moved from one signed document to another because it is a plain hash of the document content.
- Digital signatures are issued once for each user and can be used everywhere until they expire.
What does a firewall check to prevent particular ports and applications from getting packets into an organization?
- Transport layer port numbers and application layer headers
- Presentation layer headers and the session layer port numbers
- Network layer headers and the session layer port numbers
- Application layer port numbers and the transport layer headers
Which of the following programming languages is most susceptible to buffer overflow attacks, due to its lack of a built-in bounds checking mechanism?
1. Victim opens the attacker’s web site.
2. Attacker sets up a web site which contains interesting and attractive content like ‘Do you want to make $1000 in a day?’.
3. Victim clicks to the interesting and attractive content URL.
4. Attacker creates a transparent ‘iframe’ in front of the URL which victim attempts to click, so victim thinks that he/she clicks to the ‘Do you want to make $1000 in a day?’ url but actually he/she clicks to the content or UPL that exists in the transparent ‘iframe’ which is setup by the attacker.
What is the name of the attack which is mentioned in the scenario?
- Session Fixation
- HTML Injection
- HTTP Parameter Pollution
- Clickjacking Attack
John the Ripper is a technical assessment tool used to test the weakness of which of the following?
- File permissions
- Firewall rulesets
A tester has been hired to do a web application security test. The tester notices that the site is dynamic and must make use of a back end database. In order for the tester to see if SQL injection is
possible, what is the first character that the tester should use to attempt breaking a valid SQL request?
- Single quote
- Exclamation mark
- Double quote
You have successfully compromised a machine on the network and found a server that is alive on the same network. You tried to ping it but you didn’t get any response back.
What is happening?
- ICMP could be disabled on the target server.
- The ARP is disabled on the target server.
- TCP/IP doesn’t support ICMP.
- You need to run the ping command with root privileges.
A large mobile telephony and data network operator has a data center that houses network elements. These are essentially large computers running on Linux. The perimeter of the data center is secured with firewalls and IPS systems.
What is the best security policy concerning this setup?
- Network elements must be hardened with user ids and strong passwords. Regular security tests and audits should be performed.
- As long as the physical access to the network elements is restricted, there is no need for additional measures.
- There is no need for specific security measures on the network elements as long as firewalls and IPS systems exist.
- The operator knows that attacks and down time are inevitable and should have a backup site.
Which of the following incident handling process phases is responsible for defining rules, collaborating human workforce, creating a back-up plan, and testing the plans for an organization?
- Preparation phase
- Containment phase
- Identification phase
- Recovery phase
The following is part of a log file taken from the machine on the network with the IP address of 192.168.1.106:
What type of activity has been logged?
- Port scan targeting 192.168.1.103
- Teardrop attack targeting 192.168.1.106
- Denial of service attack targeting 192.168.1.103
- Port scan targeting 192.168.1.106
A security analyst is performing an audit on the network to determine if there are any deviations from the security policies in place. The analyst discovers that a user from the IT department had a dial-out modem installed. Which security policy must the security analyst check to see if dial-out modems are allowed?
- Firewall-management policy
- Acceptable-use policy
- Remote-access policy
- Permissive policy
Which of the following areas is considered a strength of symmetric key cryptography when compared with asymmetric algorithms?
- Key distribution
Which type of security feature stops vehicles from crashing through the doors of a building?
Which of the following viruses tries to hide from anti-virus programs by actively altering and corrupting the chosen service call interruptions when they are being run?
- Stealth/ Tunneling virus
- Macro virus
- Cavity virus
- Polymorphic virus
Which of the following is considered an exploit framework and has the ability to perform automated attacks on services, ports, applications an unpatched security flaws in a computer system?