Last Updated on July 23, 2021 by InfraExam
312-50v10 : Certified Ethical Hacker v10 Exam : Part 12
It is a short-range wireless communication technology intended to replace the cables connecting portable of fixed devices while maintaining high levels of security. It allows mobile phones, computers and other devices to connect and communicate using a short-range wireless connection. Which of the following terms best matches the definition?
- Radio-Frequency identification
Which of the following can the administrator do to verify that a tape backup can be recovered in its entirety?
- Read the first 512 bytes of the tape
- Perform a full restore
- Read the last 512 bytes of the tape
- Restore a random file
A company’s security policy states that all Web browsers must automatically delete their HTTP browser cookies upon terminating. What sort of security breach is this policy attempting to mitigate?
- Attempts by attackers to access the user and password information stored in the company’s SQL database.
- Attempts by attackers to access Web sites that trust the Web browser user by stealing the user’s authentication credentials.
- Attempts by attackers to access password stored on the user’s computer without the user’s knowledge.
- Attempts by attackers to determine the user’s Web browser usage patterns, including when sites were visited and for how long.
To maintain compliance with regulatory requirements, a security audit of the systems on a network must be performed to determine their compliance with security policies. Which one of the following tools would most likely be used in such an audit?
- Protocol analyzer
- Intrusion Detection System
- Port scanner
- Vulnerability scanner
You are tasked to perform a penetration test. While you are performing information gathering, you find an employee list in Google. You find the receptionist’s email, and you send her an email changing the source email to her boss’s email ([email protected]). In this email, you ask for a pdf with information. She reads your email and sends back a pdf with links. You exchange the pdf links with your malicious links (these links contain malware) and send back the modified pdf, saying that the links don’t work. She reads your email, opens the links, and her machine gets infected. You now have access to the company network. What testing method did you use?
- Social engineering
Your team has won a contract to infiltrate an organization. The company wants to have the attack be as realistic as possible; therefore, they did not provide any information besides the company name. What should be the first step in security testing the client?
A medium-sized healthcare IT business decides to implement a risk management strategy. Which of the following is NOT one of the five basic responses to risk?
OpenSSL on Linux servers includes a command line tool for testing TLS. What is the name of the tool and the correct syntax to connect to a web server?
- openssl s_client –site www.website.com:443
- openssl_client –site www.website.com:443
- openssl_client –connect www.website.com:443
- openssl s_client –connect www.website.com:443
Which of the following describes the characteristics of a Boot Sector Virus?
- Modifies directory table entries so that directory entries point to the virus code instead of the actual program.
- Moves the MBR to another location on the RAM and copies itself to the original location of the MBR.
- Moves the MBR to another location on the hard disk and copies itself to the original location of the MBR.
- Overwrites the original MBR and only executes the new virus code.
John is an incident handler at a financial institution. His steps in a recent incident are not up to the standards of the company. John frequently forgets some steps and procedures while handling responses as they are very stressful to perform. Which of the following actions should John take to overcome this problem with the least administrative effort?
- Increase his technical skills
- Read the incident manual every time it occurs
- Select someone else to check the procedures
- Create an incident checklist
Which of the following is the least-likely physical characteristic to be used in biometric control that supports a large company?
- Iris patterns
- Height and Weight
While using your bank’s online servicing you notice the following string in the URL bar:
“http: // www. MyPersonalBank. com/ account?id=368940911028389&Damount=10980&Camount=21”
You observe that if you modify the Damount & Camount values and submit the request, that data on the web page reflects the changes.
Which type of vulnerability is present on this site?
- Cookie Tampering
- SQL Injection
- Web Parameter Tampering
- XSS Reflection
It is an entity or event with the potential to adversely impact a system through unauthorized access, destruction, disclosure, denial of service or modification of data. Which of the following terms best matches the definition?
Which of the following is one of the most effective ways to prevent Cross-site Scripting (XSS) flaws in software applications?
- Use security policies and procedures to define and implement proper security settings.
- Use digital certificates to authenticate a server prior to sending data.
- Validate and escape all information sent to a server.
- Verify access right before allowing access to protected information and UI controls.
Gavin owns a white-hat firm and is performing a website security audit for one of his clients. He begins by running a scan which looks for common misconfigurations and outdated software versions. Which of the following tools is he most likely using?
Matthew, a black hat, has managed to open a meterpreter session to one of the kiosk machines in Evil Corp’s lobby. He checks his current SID, which is S-1-5-21-1223352397-1872883824-861252104-501. What needs to happen before Matthew has full administrator access?
- He needs to gain physical access.
- He must perform privilege escalation.
- He already has admin privileges, as shown by the “501” at the end of the SID.
- He needs to disable antivirus protection.
Elliot is in the process of exploiting a web application that uses SQL as a back-end database. He is determined that the application is vulnerable to SQL injection and has introduced conditional timing delays into injected queries to determine whether they are successful. What type of SQL injection is Elliot most likely performing?
- NoSQL injection
- Blind SQL injection
- Union-based SQL injection
- Error-based SQL injection
You have successfully logged on a Linux system. You want to now cover your track. Your login attempt may be logged on several files located in /var/log. Which file does NOT belong to the list:
When you return to your desk after a lunch break, you notice a strange email in your inbox. The sender is someone you did business with recently, but the subject line has strange characters in it. What should you do?
- Forward the message to your company’s security response team and permanently delete the message from your computer.
- Reply to the sender and ask them for more information about the message contents.
- Delete the email and pretend nothing happened.
- Forward the message to your supervisor and ask for her opinion on how to handle the situation.
The “Gray-box testing” methodology enforces what kind of restriction?
- Only the internal operation of a system is known to the tester.
- The internal operation of a system is completely known to the tester.
- The internal operation of a system is only partly accessible to the tester.
- Only the external operation of a system is accessible to the tester.