Last Updated on July 24, 2021 by InfraExam
EC0-349 : ECCouncil Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator : Part 08
Michael works for Kimball Construction Company as senior security analyst. As part of yearly security audit, Michael scans his network for vulnerabilities. Using Nmap, Michael conducts XMAS scan and most of the ports scanned do not give a response. In what state are these ports?
You are assisting a Department of Defense contract company to become compliant with the stringent security policies set by the DoD. One such strict rule is that firewalls must only allow incoming connections that were first initiated by internal computers. What type of firewall must you implement to abide by this policy?
- Packet filtering firewall
- Circuit-level proxy firewall
- Application-level proxy firewall
- Stateful firewall
Jessica works as systems administrator for a large electronics firm. She wants to scan her network quickly to detect live hosts by using ICMP ECHO Requests. What type of scan is Jessica going to perform?
- Smurf scan
- Ping trace
- ICMP ping sweep
You work as an IT security auditor hired by a law firm in Boston to test whether you can gain access to sensitive information about the company clients. You have rummaged through their trash and found very little information. You do not want to set off any alarms on their network, so you plan on performing passive foot printing against their Web servers. What tool should you use?
- Ping sweep
You are a security analyst performing a penetration tests for a company in the Midwest. After some initial reconnaissance, you discover the IP addresses of some Cisco routers used by the company. You type in the following URL that includes the IP address of one of the routers:
After typing in this URL, you are presented with the entire configuration file for that router. What have you discovered?
- HTTP Configuration Arbitrary Administrative Access Vulnerability
- HTML Configuration Arbitrary Administrative Access Vulnerability
- Cisco IOS Arbitrary Administrative Access Online Vulnerability
- URL Obfuscation Arbitrary Administrative Access Vulnerability
What is the following command trying to accomplish?
- Verify that UDP port 445 is open for the 192.168.0.0 network
- Verify that TCP port 445 is open for the 192.168.0.0 network
- Verify that NETBIOS is running for the 192.168.0.0 network
- Verify that UDP port 445 is closed for the 192.168.0.0 network
You are the network administrator for a small bank in Dallas, Texas. To ensure network security, you enact a security policy that requires all users to have 14 character passwords. After giving your users 2 weeks notice, you change the Group Policy to force 14 character passwords. A week later you dump the SAM database from the standalone server and run a password-cracking tool against it. Over 99% of the passwords are broken within an hour. Why were these passwords cracked so Quickly?
- Passwords of 14 characters or less are broken up into two 7-character hashes
- A password Group Policy change takes at least 3 weeks to completely replicate throughout a network
- Networks using Active Directory never use SAM databases so the SAM database pulled was empty
- The passwords that were cracked are local accounts on the Domain Controller
An “idle” system is also referred to as what?
- PC not connected to the Internet
- PC not being used
Larry is an IT consultant who works for corporations and government agencies. Larry plans on shutting down the city’s network using BGP devices and zombies? What type of Penetration Testing is Larry planning to carry out?
- Router Penetration Testing
- DoS Penetration Testing
- Firewall Penetration Testing
- Internal Penetration Testing
John and Hillary works at the same department in the company. John wants to find out Hillary’s network password so he can take a look at her documents on the file server. He enables Lophtcrack program to sniffing mode. John sends Hillary an email with a link to Error! Reference source not found. What information will he be able to gather from this?
- Hillary network username and password hash
- The SID of Hillary network account
- The SAM file from Hillary computer
- The network shares that Hillary has permissions
Bill is the accounting manager for Grummon and Sons LLC in Chicago. On a regular basis, he needs to send PDF documents containing sensitive information through E-mail to his customers.
Bill protects the PDF documents with a password and sends them to their intended recipients.
Why PDF passwords do not offer maximum protection?
- PDF passwords can easily be cracked by software brute force tools
- PDF passwords are converted to clear text when sent through E-mail
- PDF passwords are not considered safe by Sarbanes-Oxley
- When sent through E-mail, PDF passwords are stripped from the document completely
Meyer Electronics Systems just recently had a number of laptops stolen out of their office. On these laptops contained sensitive corporate information regarding patents and company strategies. A month after the laptops were stolen, a competing company was found to have just developed products that almost exactly duplicated products that Meyer produces. What could have prevented this information from being stolen from the laptops?
- EFS Encryption
- DFS Encryption
- IPS Encryption
- SDW Encryption
Kimberly is studying to be an IT security analyst at a vocational school in her town. The school offers many different programming as well as networking languages. What networking protocol language should she learn that routers utilize?
What is the target host IP in the following command?
- Firewalk does not scan target hosts
- This command is using FIN packets, which cannot scan target hosts
George is a senior security analyst working for a state agency in Florida. His state’s congress just passed a bill mandating every state agency to undergo a security audit annually. After learning what will be required, George needs to implement an IDS as soon as possible before the first audit occurs. The state bill requires that an IDS with a “time-based induction machine” be used.
What IDS feature must George implement to meet this requirement?
- Signature-based anomaly detection
- Pattern matching
- Real-time anomaly detection
- Statistical-based anomaly detection
John is using Firewalk to test the security of his Cisco PIX firewall. He is also utilizing a sniffer located on a subnet that resides deep inside his network. After analyzing the sniffer log files, he does not see any of the traffic produced by Firewalk. Why is that?
- Firewalk cannot pass through Cisco firewalls
- Firewalk sets all packets with a TTL of zero
- Firewalk cannot be detected by network sniffers
- Firewalk sets all packets with a TTL of one
After undergoing an external IT audit, George realizes his network is vulnerable to DDoS attacks.
What countermeasures could he take to prevent DDoS attacks?
- Enable direct broadcasts
- Disable direct broadcasts
- Disable BGP
- Enable BGP
George is performing security analysis for Hammond and Sons LLC. He is testing security vulnerabilities of their wireless network. He plans on remaining as “stealthy” as possible during the scan. Why would a scanner like Nessus is not recommended in this situation?
- Nessus is too loud
- Nessus cannot perform wireless testing
- Nessus is not a network scanner
- There are no ways of performing a “stealthy” wireless scan
At what layer of the OSI model do routers function on?
Frank is working on a vulnerability assessment for a company on the West coast. The company hired Frank to assess its network security through scanning, pen tests, and vulnerability assessments. After discovering numerous known vulnerabilities detected by a temporary IDS he set up, he notices a number of items that show up as unknown but Questionable in the logs. He looks up the behavior on the Internet, but cannot find anything related. What organization should Frank submit the log to find out if it is a new vulnerability or not?