Last Updated on February 21, 2016 by InfraExam
Introduction to Linux II Chapter 2 Exam Answer
PRESSEXAM.COM had tried to collect all chapter exam from candidate who has already taken exam. There are 26 questions in Introduction to Linux II Chapter 2. Our team has modified and corrected all answers with 100% score before we published on this page. In Introduction to Linux II Chapter 2 exam, you should review all questions again and again before go to take online exam with NDG system.
Question ID 1099
Which of the following steps is NOT performed while creating a shell script?
- Create a file with commands
- Make the file executable
- Login as root on the server console
- Put #!/bin/bash as the first line
Question ID 1100
The first line in a shell script reads:
What does it signify?
- It is a comment
- The executable (shell) to use to run the script
- Name of the editor used to create the file
- The script requires root login
Question ID 1101
The command bash script_file can be used to directly execute a shell script.
True or False?
Question ID 1102
Which of the following is placed before a script name to execute it from the current directory?
Question ID 1103
Instead of specifying the current directory, it is better to place the script in a location that is included in the __________ variable.
Question ID 1104
An ideal place for a regular user (not a super user), to place their shell scripts would be:
Question ID 1105
Use of SETUID permission on scripts is the best way to specify permissions.
True or False?
Question ID 1106
A user has written a few scripts for private use. Which of the following commands should be used so that no one else has execute permission?
- chmod u-rx script_file
- chmod u+x script_file
- chmod -R 755 script_file
- chmod a+x script_file
Question ID 1107
Which of the following commands will produce the same result as start=`date`?
Question ID 1108
The __________ statement can be used to gather information from the user running the script.
Question ID 1110
The command read –p will capture the current position of the mouse pointer.
True or False?
Question ID 1111
Conditional statements CANNOT be used to determine which of the following?
- System runlevel
- If the file exists
- If two strings match or not
- If two numeric values match
Question ID 1112
When will the condition test –n STRING be true?
- If the length of STRING is nonzero
- If the length of STRING is zero
Question ID 1113
In shell scripts, the conditional statement if must always end with:
- False condition
Question ID 1114
The return status from a command is 1. What does this indicate?
- Calculation done by the command yields the result 1
- Command is still running in the background
- Command executed successfully
- Command did not execute successfully
Question ID 1115
A user jamie already exists in the system. The command grep jamie /etc/passwd displays one user record. Running the echo $? command immediately after the grep command would result in what output?
Question ID 1116
Which of the following will NOT handle bad user input properly:
- Checking the value of the $? variable using an if statement
- Checking the validity of user input before passing it on to the command
- Checking the return value of a command directly in the conditional part of the if statement
- Checking the command’s Standard Output
Question ID 1117
A user wants an email sent when his shell script is executed successfully. Which of the following commands in the script can do this?
- mail root
- echo $mail
- mail brad
- cron job will send an email by default
Question ID 1118
The __________ statement is most useful in performing an operation on multiple items.
Question ID 1119
What will the following statement do?
for name in `cat /root/users`
- Get into an infinite loop
- Assign to the name variable each value in the specified file
- Run for two values cat and /root/users
- Report an error
Question ID 1120
The output of the command seq 10 10 30 will be:
- 10 10 30
- 10 20 30
Question ID 1121
The ___________ command is used to print a sequence of numbers.
Question ID 1122
The statement if [ -d file ] will be true, if the file:
- Is executable
- Is writable
- Is a directory
Question ID 1123
Which of the following file test statement conditions is NOTcorrect?
- -d filename tests if the file is in the current directory
- -x filename tests a file to determine if it is executable
- -w filename tests a file to determine if it is writable
- -e filename tests if the file exist
Question ID 1124
A user wants to execute a script called test1_script. What type of permission does she need on the test1_script file?
- Read and execute
- Read and write
- Read only
- Write only
Question ID 1125
Command substitution can be used to insert the output of a command as another command’s argument.
True or False?