Last Updated on October 26, 2022 by InfraExam
CISM : Certified Information Security Manager : Part 42
When outsourcing data to a cloud service provider, which of the following should be the information security manager’s MOST important consideration?
- Roles and responsibilities have been defined for the subscriber organization.
- Cloud servers are located in the same country as the organization.
- Access authorization includes biometric security verification.
- Data stored at the cloud service provider is not co-mingled.
Without prior approval, a training department enrolled the company in a free cloud-based collaboration site and invited employees to use it. Which of the following is the BEST response of the information security manager?
- Conduct a risk assessment and develop an impact analysis.
- Update the risk register and review the information security strategy.
- Report the activity to senior management.
- Allow temporary use of the site and monitor for data leakage.
A global organization has developed a strategy to share a customer information database between offices in two countries. In this situation, it is MOST important to ensure:
- data sharing complies with local laws and regulations at both locations.
- data is encrypted in transit and at rest.
- a nondisclosure agreement is signed.
- risk coverage is split between the two locations sharing data.
Which of the following is MOST likely to reduce the effectiveness of a signature-based intrusion detection system (IDS)?
- The activities being monitored deviate from what is considered normal.
- The information regarding monitored activities becomes stale.
- The pattern of normal behavior changes quickly and dramatically.
- The environment is complex.
An information security manager is reviewing the impact of a regulation on the organization’s human resources system. The NEXT course of action should be to:
- perform a gap analysis of compliance requirements.
- assess the penalties for non-compliance.
- review the organization’s most recent audit report.
- determine the cost of compliance.
Which of the following will BEST protect confidential data when connecting large wireless networks to an existing wired-network infrastructure?
- Mandatory access control (MAC) address filtering
- Strong passwords
- Virtual private network (VPN)
A global organization processes and stores large volumes of personal data. Which of the following would be the MOST important attribute in creating a data access policy?
An organization wants to integrate information security into its human resource management processes. Which of the following should be the FIRST step?
- Evaluate the cost of information security integration
- Assess the business objectives of the processes
- Identify information security risk associated with the processes
- Benchmark the processes with best practice to identify gaps
Which of the following is MOST important for an information security manager to regularly report to senior management?
- Results of penetration tests
- Audit reports
- Impact of unremediated risks
- Threat analysis reports
Which of the following is the BEST approach to reduce unnecessary duplication of compliance activities?
- Automation of controls
- Documentation of control procedures
- Integration of assurance efforts
- Standardization of compliance requirements
Which of the following sites would be MOST appropriate in the case of a very short recovery time objective (RTO)?
Which of the following messages would be MOST effective in obtaining senior management’s commitment to information security management?
- Effective security eliminates risk to the business
- Adopt a recognized framework with metrics
- Security is a business product and not a process
- Security supports and protects the business
Which of the following characteristics is MOST important to a bank in a high-value online financial transaction system?
- Audit monitoring
Which of the following presents the GREATEST challenge in calculating return on investment (ROI) in the security environment?
- Number of incidents cannot be predetermined
- Project cost overruns cannot be anticipated
- Cost of security tools is difficult to estimate
- Costs of security incidents cannot be estimated
Which of the following would MOST likely require a business continuity plan to be invoked?
- An unauthorized visitor discovered in the data center
- A distributed denial of service attack on an e-mail server
- An epidemic preventing staff from performing job functions
- A hacker holding personally identifiable information hostage
Which of the following is the MOST important driver when developing an effective information security strategy?
- Information security standards
- Compliance requirements
- Benchmarking reports
- Security audit reports
An information security manager is recommending an investment in a new security initiative to address recently published threats. Which of the following would be MOST important to include in the business case?
- Business impact if threats materialize
- Availability of unused funds in the security budget
- Threat information from reputable sources
- Alignment of the new initiative with the approved business strategy
Which of the following would BEST help to identify vulnerabilities introduced by changes to an organization’s technical infrastructure?
- An intrusion detection system
- Established security baselines
- Penetration testing
- Log aggregation and correlation
When messages are encrypted and digitally signed to protect documents transferred between trading partners, the GREATEST concern is that:
- trading partners can repudiate the transmission of messages.
- hackers can eavesdrop on messages.
- trading partners can repudiate the receipt of messages.
- hackers can introduce forgery messages.
In order to ensure separation of duties, which of the following activities is BEST performed by someone other than the system administrator?
- Deleting system logs
- Using system utilities
- Monitoring system utilization
- Defining system recovery procedures