Last Updated on June 14, 2021 by Admin
IT Essentials 7.0 Chapter 14 Exam Answers ITE 7.0 ITE 7.02
Cisco Netacad ITE v7 – IT Essentials (Version 7.00) – IT Essentials 7.0 Chapter 14 Exam Answers 2020 2021
IT Essentials (Version 7.0) – IT Essentials 7.0 Chapter 14 Exam Answers
What is a common responsibility of a level one call center technician?
- entering a concise description of a customer problem into a ticketing system
- remotely connecting to customer devices and implementing driver and software updates
- calling back customers and asking additional questions to solve the problem
- receiving escalated work orders from a lower level technician
The primary responsibility of a level one technician is to gather pertinent information from a customer and to enter the information into a work order or ticket system.
Which two programming languages require the program to be converted into executable code using a compiler? (Choose two.)
Compiled languages like C, C++, C#, and Java need to be converted into executable code using a compiler.
A programmer used an operator to compare values within a program and the resulting logical data type was “false”. Which test condition would have provided the result of “false”?
- 8 != 8
- 4 >= 1
- 6 <= 6
- 3 == 3
== represents equal
!= represents not equal
< represents less than
> represents greater than
<= represents less than or equal to
>= represents greater than or equal to
Because 8 is equal to 8, and the != operator is used, the resulting output is “false”.
What is the definition of a script file?
- A simple file with a single statement that loops repeatedly.
- A file that is compiled and translated into machine language before executing.
- A simple text file used to automate processes and tasks.
- A file that is the output of a conditional statement.
A script file is a simple text file written in a form of scripting languages to automate processes and tasks on various operating systems. The commands can be entered on the command line one at a time. A script file, however, provides a more effective way to execute multiple commands.
A system administrator needs to perform manual updates on a remote Linux workstation using a Windows 10 PC. Which remote access tool should the administrator use to securely access and configure the Linux device across the network?
- Telnet client
- Windows Remote Desktop client
- Windows Remote Assistance client
- SSH client
The Windows administrator should use Secure Shell (SSH) TCP port 22. SSH allows the administrator to connect remotely and securely to the Linux workstation in order to safely authenticate and then perform updates on the workstation.
A technician is attempting to securely configure a Linux web server on the public-facing side of the firewall. What port type and number are most likely required to be open on the firewall to allow this traffic through?
- UDP port 23
- TCP port 23
- TCP port 22
- UDP port 22
- TCP port 3389
- UDP port 3389
Secure Shell (SSH) is a secure remote service that encrypts the entire session. The port number for SSH is TCP port 22.
A worker in the records department of a hospital in the United States accidentally sends a patient’s medical record to a printer in another department. When the worker arrives at the printer, the patient record printout is missing. Which two types of compliance standards best match the breach of confidentiality? (Choose two.)
Both protected Health Information (PHI) and Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) includes patient name, addresses, visiting dates and more. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulates and provides severe penalties for breaches of PHI and ePHI.
What are two examples of personally identifiable information (PII)? (Choose two.)
- credit card number
- first name
- street address
- language preference
- IP address
Personally identifiable information (PII) is any data that could potentially identify and track a specific individual. A credit card number and street address are the best examples of PII.
What is the definition of cyber law?
- a single law defining criminal acts that are committed online
- the collection of international, country, and local laws that affect computer security professionals
- a contract that defines expectations between an organization and IT service vendors for an agreed upon level of support
- the process of collecting and analyzing data from computer systems, networks, wireless communications, and storage devices
Cyber law describes the collection of international, regional, country, and state laws that affect computer security professionals.
What is a characteristic of the open source license of an application software?
- It requires registration instead of purchasing.
- It cannot be used for campus-wide deployment.
- It allows users to modify and share the source code.
- It does not require purchase in order to use the software.
- It requires acknowledged completion of a professional training course prior to use.
An open source license is a copyright license for software that allows developers to modify and share the source code that runs the software. Open source software could be free to use or require purchase. In either case, users have access to the source code. Open source software could be used as personal software or deployed enterprise wide. User registration is an encouraged optional feature.
Which statement is characteristic of most personal software licenses?
- Developers are allowed to modify and share the source code that runs the software.
- A company is allowed to use the software campus wide.
- A user is allowed to share the software with friends.
- A user is allowed to install the software on only one computer.
Most personal software licenses allow a user to run the software on only one PC. Some personal software licenses allow a user to copy the software onto multiple PCs. These licenses usually specify that the copies cannot be run at the same time. Some personal software licenses are for commercial products that require purchase. There are personal software licenses for open source software that are free to use. Personal software licenses are intended for personal use of the product. Software to be deployed campus wide needs site licenses or enterprise licenses.
What two actions should a call center technician avoid when dealing with an angry customer? (Choose two.)
- spending time explaining what caused the problem
- putting the customer on hold or transferring the call
- apologizing for any inconvenience caused to the customer
- sympathizing with the customer
- letting the customer explain the problem without interruption
When dealing with an angry customer a technician can help the customer focus on the problem by:Letting the customer explain the problem without interruption
Sympathizing with the customer
Apologizing for inconvenience
The technician should avoid further angering the customer by:Putting the customer on hold
Explaining what caused the problem
A technician is troubleshooting a PC in a workplace environment and finds many pirated movies on the hard drive. What should the technician do?
- Make a copy of all the pirated content and send it to the law enforcement authorities.
- Advise the user that downloading pirated content is illegal and that the user should refrain from doing so.
- Remove the pirated content and document all work done.
- Report the findings through the proper channels.
On discovering illegal activity on a PC, the technician should report it through the proper channels as per company policy.
A support desk trainer is teaching a new support desk technician some basic rules about starting a conversation with a customer. Which statement describes the rules the trainer should be teaching?
- Ask the customer what the problem is and then introduce yourself.
- Learn the name of the customer and create a connection with the customer. Next ask questions that assess the knowledge level of the customer.
- Start by asking close-ended questions about what the customer understands of the problem and then direct the customer through the correction process.
- Assess what the customer knows of the support desk process and then use close-ended questions to guide the customer through the correction process.
The three rules to remember at the beginning of a conversation with a customer are these:Know your customer
Create a one to one connection with your customer.
Understand the knowledge level of your customer
A customer is angry and calls to complain that the service scheduled on the computer took longer than expected. The technician reviews the work order and notices that the service was performed by a new employee. How should the technician respond?
- Verify that the computer is working properly now.
- Listen to the complaint and then apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lengthy service on the computer.
- Explain that the repair technician sent to perform the service is inexperienced.
- Put the customer on hold until a supervisor is available.
When dealing with an angry customer, listen and without interrupting let the customer explain the problem. Show sympathy. Apologize for the problem and its inconvenience.
Which task would require that a problem be escalated to a level two technician?
- changing CMOS settings
- cleaning a mouse
- changing toner cartridges
- checking loose external cables
Straightforward tasks such as cleaning the mouse, changing printer toner, and checking cables can be managed by a level one technician. Typically, more complex tasks such as changing CMOS settings and running diagnostic software would be escalated to a level two technician.
A technician receives a call from a customer who is too talkative. How should the technician handle the call?
- Talk over the customer and quickly gather the necessary information to be of help.
- Allow the customer to speak without interruption and then try to use closed-ended questions to gather data.
- Use open-ended questions and repeat all the information back to the customer to politely show that unnecessary information is being given.
- Politely step in and gain control of the call by asking the customer social questions.
If a customer is too talkative, the technician should not interrupt the customer but attempt to regain control of the call by asking closed ended questions after customer is through speaking.
What should a level two technician do immediately after receiving an escalated work order from a level one technician?
- Call the level one technician and ask questions about the problem.
- Call the customer back to ask any additional questions and resolve the problem.
- Document suggestions to solve the problem in the work order and return it to the level one technician.
- Send the work order to a level three technician and ask for support.
When a problem cannot be resolved within a predetermined amount of time, the level one technician prepares an escalated work order. The level two technician receives the escalated work order with the description of the problem. The level two technician then calls the customer back to ask any additional questions and resolve the problem.
Which two rules pertain to the general daily activities of employees in a call center environment? (Choose two.)
- If a technician takes a call from a customer the technician does not like, the technician should pass the call to another technician.
- The technician should be sure to treat all customers equally.
- If a customer complains about another technician, the technician who is taking the call should agree with opinion of the customer.
- The technician should adjust the work chair to a height that is high enough so that wrists angle downwards toward the keyboard.
- The technician should contact the customer if the technician is going to be late for a follow-up appointment.
There are rules that call centers generally use to cover the daily activities of their employees. These rules are designed to ensure that there is always adequate coverage for incoming calls, and that the customer is not unduly inconvenienced when working with the call center employees. A high rate of customer satisfaction is always a primary goal of any call center.
What does a technician need in order to make changes to software installed on the computer of a customer?
- the authorization of a more senior technician
- customer authorization
- verification that the software is legal
- two witnesses
To make any changes to a computer, a technician needs authorization from the customer. The presence of either another technician or other witnesses does not entitle the technician to either install or modify software, even if it is legal.
Which is true regarding the treatment of customer property?
- A technician does not have to care about copies of customer files because it is not the original.
- A customer’s phone list is customer property and must be kept private.
- Customer property is limited to hardware.
- Data left on a customer’s PC is not property because it is visible to others.
All customer property is important, including files, phone lists, hardware and other data, and should be treated with respect. Any data should be considered as private and confidential.
During computer forensics investigations, which type of data is lost when power is removed from the computer?
- data that is stored on solid state drives
- data that is stored in RAM
- data that is stored on magnetic disk
- data that is stored to an external drive
Volatile data that is contained in cache, RAM, and CPU registers is lost when power is removed from the computer.
Why is a chain of custody important in a cyber crime case?
- It authenticates evidence.
- It ensures conviction
- It proves guilt.
- It protects copyrighted materials.
Evidence must be authenticated before it can be admitted in court. A chain of custody helps to authenticate the evidence by preventing tampering.
When performing computer forensics, what can be prevented with a properly and carefully documented chain of custody?
- evidence tampering
- copying of copyrighted materials
- cyber crime
- identity theft
A chain of custody created with accurate documentation can prevent evidence tampering so that the integrity of the evidence can be assured.
Which statement best describes a call center?
- It is a busy, fast-paced work environment where agents contact customers to arrange preventive maintenance appointments.
- It is a help desk used by customers to make an appointment to report their computer problems.
- It is a place that exists within a company and provides computer support to both employees and customers of the company.
- It is a store-front environment where the customers go with their computers to have them fixed.
A call center is a place that customers call to report problems with software or hardware. It may be an independent business that sells computer support as a service or it may exist within a company and offer service to both employees of the company and outside customers that use company products.
What is a typical task performed by a level one technician in a call center?
- gathering information when a customer calls for help
- solving the problem that might require opening up the computer case
- using remote access software to troubleshoot the customer computer
- picking up an escalated work order and calling the customer for further information
The primary responsibility of a level one technician is to gather information from the customer. The level one technician needs to accurately enter all the information into the work order. When the problems are very simple to resolve, a level one technician can take care of these without escalating the work order. However, when a problem requires the expertise of a level two technician, the level one technician initiates an escalated work order so that a level two technician will be involved to solve the problem.
What is a reason to escalate a problem from a level one technician to a level two technician?
- when the equipment needs to be rebooted
- when drivers, applications, or operating systems need to be installed
- when the screen resolution of a customer PC needs to be adjusted
- when a peripheral device needs to be replaced
A technician should always follow company policies for problem escalation, but in general a problem should be escalated to a level two technician anytime it involves an advanced procedure that could cause serious damage to user equipment, data loss, or cause a widespread outage. Also, if the technician does not have the necessary skills or tools to troubleshoot an issue effectively, the issue should be escalated to a level two technician.
Which change management process component is concerned with the cost and resources necessary for implementation?
There are several change management process components that help changes, installations, and upgrades go more easily. The assessment component identifies the business processes that are affected and the costs and resources required.
Which type of documentation is concerned with specifying what data must be collected and how long it must be retained in regards to an organization?
- user documentation
There are four broad categories of IT documentation: policies, operations, projects, and user documentation. Policy documentation is concerned with regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Which are two examples of good customer service? (Choose two.)
- A technician follows up with a customer after services are completed.
- A technician notifies a customer as soon as possible that there may be a delay.
- A technician repeatedly encourages a customer to agree to a product warranty.
- A technician continually reminds the customer that an issue was due to customer neglect.
- A technician speaks slowly and uses common industry jargon and terms with the customer.
Good customer service means meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers expect service technicians to be on time and to communicate if they will be late. Customers also appreciate a follow up communication after service is rendered.