Last Updated on February 5, 2016 by InfraExam
Linux Essentials Chapter 3 Exam Answer
Question ID 307
Which of the following is true about graphical mode?
- You cannot use your mouse
- You have menus and tools to help you find what you are looking for
- After login, you are provided with a command prompt
- After login, you are provided with a desktop
- You access this mode by logging into a graphical display
Question ID 308
Which of the following is provided by a graphical interface that isn’t normally provided to a non graphical interface?
Question ID 309
A server is likely to be running in graphical mode.
True or False?
Question ID 310
In graphical mode, you can get to a shell by running which applications?
Question ID 311
Which of the following are traits of a multiuser operating system?
- Each user can only log in once per day
- Users can protect their information from other users
- Many users can log in simultaneously with a unique account
- An administrative user gets a dedicated CPU
- Resources are shared between users
Question ID 312
- A single host can be split up into multiple guests
- A user can connect to a server over the network and use a virtual console
- A machine can swap memory to disk
- Many users can share one hard drive
- Two users get different memory spaces on the same machine
Question ID 313
In virtualization, what are the host and guest?
- The host is the machine that runs the virtual machines
- A host is a virtual machine
- The terms can be used interchangeably
- A guest is a virtual machine
- The guest is the machine that runs the virtual machines
Question ID 314
Which of the following are traits of cloud computing?
- You own the hardware but pay for it over time
- You pay for what you use
- Only Linux works in cloud computing
- You don’t have to worry about performance any more
- The resources are virtualized
Question ID 315
If you wanted to write a report that was to be printed, you would probably use:
- A wiki
- Adobe Flash
Question ID 316
If you want to store logins and passwords for different websites in a secure manner, you could use:
- A LibreOffice Document
- A sticky note on your monitor
- A text file in your home directory
Question ID 317
You can configure your computer to check for updates automatically.
True or False?
Question ID 319
Two components that provide the ability to implement a firewall include:
- Uncomplicated Firewall
Question ID 322
What are tradeoffs of increasing the level of privacy you have in your web browser?
- Sites may not work properly
- Images won’t load properly
- You may get viruses
- Websites may load slower
- You may have to explicitly permit some cookies to be saved
Question ID 323
Which of the following is a tool that helps you anonymize your Internet browsing?
- The onion router
- Web proxy
Question ID 324
Social network “like” buttons can track your activity across the Internet.
True or False?
Question ID 325
Which of the following are properties of a strong password?
- A mix of upper and lower case
- Includes symbols
- Long so that it can be reused on multiple sites
- At least 10 characters long
- Based on easy to remember items like birthdays
Question ID 326
What can be done to prevent remote people from running programs on your computer?
- Use strong passwords on all user accounts
- Block all cookies
- Turn on a firewall
- Don’t use wireless networks – only wired
- Block third party cookies