Last Updated on October 23, 2022 by InfraExam
Ch15 Hardware Configuration Exam
HALD is the abbreviation for:
- Hardware Abstraction Layer Daemon
- Hardware Abstraction Layer Driver
- Hardware Availability Layer Daemon
- Hardware Attribute Layer Daemon
Interrupts cannot be shared between devices. True or False?
The _____ command is used to load a module along with its dependencies.
The _____ is a kernel module used by the kernel to manage hardware devices.
- Configuration file
What is the maximum memory that a 64 bit processor can theoretically use?
- 2 GiB
- 8 GiB
- 4 GiB
- 16 EiB
What is the notification mechanism used to inform programs about a change in state of hardware devices?
- Programs query HALD directly
- DBUS forwards queries from programs to HALD
- DBUS sends notifications to HALD
- HALD uses dbus to send notifications
Which command is used to view the summary of the RAM and swap space?
Which of the following commands is used to view the details of an external drive connected to a USB port?
Which of the following commands is used to view the network interface controller connected on the PCI bus?
Which of the following commands is used to view the summary of CPUs in the system?
Which of the following is not a characteristic of firmware?
- Typically stored in ROM
- Change runlevels
- Tests the components upon startup
- Change settings to affect the use of external devices
Which of the following is not a function of the udev subsystem?
- Maintain log files
- Create device node when a new device is connected
- Maintain psuedo filesystem in the /dev directory
- Remove device node when a device is removed
Which of the following is not a mass storage device?
- SATA drive
Which of the following is not true about kernel modules?
- They are plug and play hardware devices
- They can be compiled into the kernel itself
- They are loaded automatically by the kernel
- They are software to support devices
Which of the following can be used to view details about USB devices? (choose two)
- ls -usb
Integrated peripherals are embedded into the _______ of a system:
Which of the following are attributes of the
sysfssubsystem: (choose three)
- Is an in-memory filesystem
- Defines rules and permissions
- Is mounted as the
- Provides information about the kernel