Last Updated on October 23, 2022 by InfraExam
Ch24 Package Management Exam
All RPM package management commands must be run as the root user. True or False?
How can you determine the RPM package that owns a file?
How can you remove a package using an
How is the kernel package special for package management?
- New versions should be installed instead of upgraded
- New versions should be upgraded instead of installed
- It cannot be uninstalled
- It contains the core of the operating system
If you use the
-foption when performing an
- The command will display the full filename of the original package.
- The command will show the package that owns a file.
- The command output will wrap at half screen width.
- The command will output a list of the files in the packages.
If you you have a RPM package file named, figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm, which
rpmcommands will install it? (choose two)
rpm -U figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm
rpm -i figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm
rpm -F figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm
rpm -e figlet-1.1-0.3.i686.rpm
In what directory are yum repository configuration files stored?
rpm2cpiocommand can be used to: (choose two)
- Create a new .
- Extract files from a .
- Build a binary .rpm file from a source
- List the content of a .
- Create a new .
What are the correct options for the
rpmcommand to display a list of all installed packages?
What is the main advantage in using
- It is able to use multiple repositories
- It is able to install packages from internet addresses
- It will allow you to override dependencies
- It can automatically resolve dependency issues between packages
What is the primary configuration file for
What two differences are there between querying an installed RPM and an RPM package file with the
rpmcommand? (choose two)
- To query the package file, you have to add the -p option.
- You must use the full filename when querying the package.
- To query the installed RPM, you have to add the -i option.
- You must use the full filename when querying the installed RPM.
Which command shows the scripts that may be part of a RPM package?
rpm -q --scripts
Which command will check the integrity of an RPM file?
Which command will show the dependencies of an RPM package?
How can you determine the Debian package that owns a file?
How can you remove a package but not its configuration files with Debian package management?
In which file are repositories stored for Debian package management?
What command will update a single Debian package named figlet?
apt-get install figlet
apt-get upgrade figlet
apt-get freshen figlet
apt-get update figlet
Which command may be used to get a list of the installed Debian packages?
Which command will remove all files that belong to a Debian package?
Which command will show the dependencies of a Debian package?
Which command will update the list of available packages for APT?
Which is not a tool used for Debian package management?
Which two commands will show detailed information about a Debian package? (choose two)
A _________ is a location that contains packages and metadata that can be used for queries, installation and updates of software on a system.
zypperoption should be used before any searches, installs or updates are attempted?
Before installing updates, what
zypperoption will show the updates available for your system?