Last Updated on November 17, 2023 by InfraExam
Match each tool or application with its description:
- enables you to remotely access a host’s shell or command line ==> PuTTY
- used to securely copy files to and from a remote host ==> WinSCP
- provides the ability to capture network traffic for further analysis ==> Wireshark
- specifically designed for the Windows OS to overcome shortcomings of Windows monitoring and management tools ==> Sysinternals
- shows processes that are communicating with other hosts ==> TCPView
|Explanation & Hint:
- PuTTY: PuTTY is a widely used open-source terminal emulator that enables you to remotely access a host’s shell or command line. It’s commonly used for secure remote access to servers or network devices via protocols like SSH, Telnet, and others.
- WinSCP: WinSCP is a file transfer client for Windows that is used to securely copy files to and from a remote host. It supports multiple file transfer protocols, including SCP, SFTP, FTPS, and WebDAV, making it a useful tool for securely transferring files between your local system and a remote server.
- Wireshark: Wireshark is a network protocol analyzer that provides the ability to capture network traffic for further analysis. It allows you to inspect and analyze the data flowing over a network in real-time, making it a valuable tool for network administrators and security professionals to troubleshoot and investigate network issues.
- Sysinternals: Sysinternals is a suite of advanced system utilities specifically designed for the Windows operating system. These tools help overcome some of the shortcomings of native Windows monitoring and management tools. They provide in-depth information about system processes, file system activities, registry changes, and more, making them valuable for system administrators and IT professionals.
- TCPView: TCPView is a Windows utility that shows processes that are communicating with other hosts over the network. It displays a list of all network connections, both incoming and outgoing, along with the corresponding processes and the remote hosts they are communicating with. It’s useful for monitoring network activity on a Windows system.
For more Questions and Answers: