Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by InfraExam
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is verifying the configuration of inter-VLAN routing. Users complain that PC2 cannot communicate with PC1. Based on the output, what is the possible cause of the problem?
- Gi0/0 is not configured as a trunk port.
- The command interface GigabitEthernet0/0.5 was entered incorrectly.
- There is no IP address configured on the interface Gi0/0.
- The no shutdown command is not entered on subinterfaces.
- The encapsulation dot1Q 5 command contains the wrong VLAN.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
In router-on-a-stick, the subinterface configuration should match the VLAN number in the encapsulation command, in this case, the command encapsulation dot1Q 10 should be used for VLAN 10. Since subinterfaces are used, there is no need to configure IP on the physical interface Gi0/0. The trunk mode is configured on the switch port that connects to the router. The subinterfaces are turned on when they are added.