Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by InfraExam
What are two advantages of EtherChannel? (Choose two.)
- Configuring the EtherChannel interface provides consistency in the configuration of the physical links.
- Load balancing occurs between links configured as different EtherChannels.
- EtherChannel uses upgraded physical links to provide increased bandwidth.
- Spanning Tree Protocol views the physical links in an EtherChannel as one logical connection.
- Spanning Tree Protocol ensures redundancy by transitioning failed interfaces in an EtherChannel to a forwarding state.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
EtherChannel configuration of one logical interface ensures configuration consistency across the physical links in the EtherChannel. The EtherChannel provides increased bandwidth using existing switch ports without requiring any upgrades to the physical interfaces. Load balancing methods are implemented between links that are part of the same Etherchannel. Because EtherChannel views the bundled physical links as one logical connection, spanning tree recalculation is not required if one of the bundled physical links fail. If a physical interface fails, STP cannot transition the failed interface into a forwarding state.