Last Updated on November 5, 2020 by InfraExam
What are two disadvantages of using an IDS? (Choose two.)
- The IDS has no impact on traffic.
- The IDS does not stop malicious traffic.
- The IDS works offline using copies of network traffic.
- The IDS requires other devices to respond to attacks.
- The IDS analyzes actual forwarded packets.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
The disadvantage of operating with mirrored traffic is that the IDS cannot stop malicious single-packet attacks from reaching the target before responding to the attack. Also, an IDS often requires assistance from other networking devices, such as routers and firewalls, to respond to an attack. An advantage of an IDS is that by working offline using mirrored traffic, it has no impact on traffic flow.