Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by InfraExam
What are two drawbacks to turning spanning tree off and having multiple paths through the Layer 2 switch network? (Choose two.)
- The switch acts like a hub.
- Port security becomes unstable.
- The MAC address table becomes unstable.
- Broadcast frames are transmitted indefinitely.
- Port security shuts down all of the ports that have attached devices.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Spanning tree should never be disabled. Without it, the MAC address table becomes unstable, broadcast storms can render network clients and the switches unusable, and multiple copies of unicast frames can be delivered to the end devices.