Last Updated on April 28, 2021 by Admin
What are two possible limitations of using a firewall in a network? (Choose two.)
- It cannot sanitize protocol flows.
- A misconfigured firewall can create a single point of failure.
- Network performance can slow down.
- It provides accessibility of applications and sensitive resources to external untrusted users.
- It increases security management complexity by requiring off-loading network access control to the device.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Firewalls have some limitations:
A misconfigured firewall can have serious consequences for the network, such as becoming a single point of failure.
The data from many applications cannot be passed over firewalls securely.
Users might proactively search for ways around the firewall to receive blocked material, which exposes the network to potential attack.
Network performance can slow down.
Unauthorized traffic can be tunneled or hidden as legitimate traffic through the firewall.