Last Updated on April 13, 2020 by InfraExam
What will happen if the default gateway address is incorrectly configured on a host?
- The host cannot communicate with hosts in other networks.
- The host cannot communicate with other hosts in the local network.
- A ping from the host to 127.0.0.1 would not be successful.
- The switch will not forward packets initiated by the host.
- The host will have to use ARP to determine the correct address of the default gateway.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
When a host needs to send a message to another host located on the same network, it can forward the message directly. However, when a host needs to send a message to a remote network, it must use the router, also known as the default gateway. This is because the data link frame address of the remote destination host cannot be used directly. Instead, the IP packet has to be sent to the router (default gateway) and the router will forward the packet toward its destination. Therefore, if the default gateway is incorrectly configured, the host can communicate with other hosts on the same network, but not with hosts on remote networks.
For more questions and answers go to below link:
CCNA1 v7 – ITNv7 – Modules 8 – 10: Communicating Between Networks Exam Answers
CCNA1 v7 – ITNv7 – Final Exam Answers