Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by Admin
Which three steps should be taken before moving a Cisco switch to a new VTP management domain? (Choose three.)
- Reset the VTP counters to allow the switch to synchronize with the other switches in the domain.
- Download the VTP database from the VTP server in the new domain.
- Select the correct VTP mode and version.
- Reboot the switch.
- Configure the VTP server in the domain to recognize the BID of the new switch.
- Configure the switch with the name of the new management domain.
When adding a new switch to a VTP domain, it is critical to configure the switch with a new domain name, the correct VTP mode, VTP version number, and password. A switch with a higher revision number can propagate invalid VLANs and erase valid VLANs thus preventing connectivity for multiple devices on the valid VLANs.