Last Updated on March 7, 2021 by Admin
Which two functions or operations are performed by the MAC sublayer? (Choose two.)
- It is responsible for Media Access Control.
- It performs the function of NIC driver software.
- It adds a header and trailer to form an OSI Layer 2 PDU.
- It handles communication between upper and lower layers.
- It adds control information to network protocol layer data.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
The MAC sublayer is the lower of the two data link sublayers and is closest to the physical layer. The two primary functions of the MAC sublayer are to encapsulate the data from the upper layer protocols and to control access to the media.