Last Updated on November 19, 2023 by InfraExam
Which two of the following protocols are most commonly found in AAA? (Choose two.)
- OSPF MD5
|Explanation & Hint:
In the context of AAA, which stands for Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting, the two protocols most commonly associated are:
- TACACS+ (Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System Plus)
- TACACS+ is a protocol developed by Cisco and is commonly used for network device access control. It separates authentication, authorization, and accounting processes for more flexible control over access management.
- RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service)
- RADIUS is an industry-standard protocol for AAA services. It is widely used for network access authentication and accounting, and is supported by a vast number of networking vendors.
The other protocols listed are not primarily associated with AAA services:
- TCP/IP refers to the suite of communication protocols used to connect hosts on the Internet. It is not specific to AAA.
- OSPF MD5 refers to the use of MD5 hashing to secure OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) routing information, not to AAA services.
- IPSEC is a suite of protocols for securing internet protocol (IP) communications by authenticating and encrypting each IP packet in a data stream. It is more about securing data communications than providing AAA services.
For more Questions and Answers: