Last Updated on February 13, 2024 by InfraExam
Which two statements describe private BGP communities? (Choose two.)
- A private BGP community requires a route map configuration.
- An organization needs to register for a private BGP community.
- Private BGP communities are used to signify no transit networks.
- Private BGP communities are within the range of 0xFFFF0000 to 0xFFFFFFFF.
- A private BGP community uses the first 16 bits to represent its AS and the second 16 bits to represent a pattern.
|Answers Explanation & Hints:
Private BGP communities follow a convention where the first 16 bits represent the AS of the community organization, and the second 16 bits represent a pattern defined by the originating AS. A private BGP community pattern can vary from organization to organization, does not need to be registered, and can signify geographic locations for one AS while signifying a method of route advertisement in another AS. A private BGP community is set in a route map with the command set community bgpcommunity [ additive ].