Last Updated on November 2, 2020 by InfraExam
Which two statements describe the characteristics of fiber-optic cabling? (Choose two.)
- Fiber-optic cabling does not conduct electricity.
- Fiber-optic cabling has high signal loss.
- Fiber-optic cabling is primarily used as backbone cabling.
- Multimode fiber-optic cabling carries signals from multiple sending devices.
- Fiber-optic cabling uses LEDs for single-mode cables and laser technology for multimode cables.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Fiber-optic cabling is primarily used for high-traffic backbone cabling and does not conduct electricity. Multimode fiber uses LEDs for signaling and single-mode fiber uses laser technology. FIber-optic cabling carries signals from only one device to another.