Last Updated on November 2, 2020 by InfraExam
Which two statements describe the services provided by the data link layer? (Choose two.)
- It defines the end-to-end delivery addressing scheme.
- It maintains the path between the source and destination devices during the data transmission.
- It manages the access of frames to the network media.
- It provides reliable delivery through link establishment and flow control.
- It ensures that application data will be transmitted according to the prioritization.
- It packages various Layer 3 PDUs into a frame format that is compatible with the network interface.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
The data link layer is divided into two sub layers, namely Logical Link Control (LLC) and Media Access Control (MAC). LLC forms a frame from the network layer PDU into a format that conforms to the requirements of the network interface and media. A network layer PDU might be for IPv4 or IPv6. The MAC sub layer defines the media access processes performed by the hardware. It manages the frame access to the network media according to the physical signaling requirements (copper cable, fiber optic, wireless, etc.)