Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by InfraExam
SY0-501 : CompTIA Security+ Certification : Part 03
A department head at a university resigned on the first day of the spring semester. It was subsequently determined that the department head deleted numerous files and directories from the server-based home directory while the campus was closed. Which of the following policies or procedures could have prevented this from occurring?
- Time-of-day restrictions
- Permission auditing and review
- Account expiration
A database backup schedule consists of weekly full backups performed on Saturday at 12:00 a.m. and daily differential backups also performed at 12:00 a.m. If the database is restored on Tuesday afternoon, which of the following is the number of individual backups that would need to be applied to complete the database recovery?
Which of the following security controls does an iris scanner provide?
As part of a new industry regulation, companies are required to utilize secure, standardized OS settings. A technical must ensure the OS settings are hardened. Which of the following is the BEST way to do this?
- Use a vulnerability scanner.
- Use a configuration compliance scanner.
- Use a passive, in-line scanner.
- Use a protocol analyzer.
A user has attempted to access data at a higher classification level than the user’s account is currently authorized to access. Which of the following access control models has been applied to this user’s account?
A security consultant discovers that an organization is using the PCL protocol to print documents, utilizing the default driver and print settings. Which of the following is the MOST likely risk in this situation?
- An attacker can access and change the printer configuration.
- SNMP data leaving the printer will not be properly encrypted.
- An MITM attack can reveal sensitive information.
- An attacker can easily inject malicious code into the printer firmware.
- Attackers can use the PCL protocol to bypass the firewall of client computers.
An organization finds that most help desk calls are regarding account lockout due to a variety of applications running on different systems. Management is looking for a solution to reduce the number of account lockouts while improving security. Which of the following is the BEST solution for this organization?
- Create multiple application accounts for each user.
- Provide secure tokens.
- Implement SSO.
- Utilize role-based access control.
A user suspects someone has been accessing a home network without permission by spoofing the MAC address of an authorized system. While attempting to determine if an authorized user is logged into the home network, the user reviews the wireless router, which shows the following table for systems that are currently on the home network.
Which of the following should be the NEXT step to determine if there is an unauthorized user on the network?
- Apply MAC filtering and see if the router drops any of the systems.
- Physically check each of the authorized systems to determine if they are logged onto the network.
- Deny the “unknown” host because the hostname is not known and MAC filtering is not applied to this host.
- Conduct a ping sweep of each of the authorized systems and see if an echo response is received.
When performing data acquisition on a workstation, which of the following should be captured based on memory volatility? (Choose two.)
- USB-attached hard disk
- Mounted network storage
Ann, a security administrator, has been instructed to perform fuzz-based testing on the company’s applications.
Which of the following best describes what she will do?
- Enter random or invalid data into the application in an attempt to cause it to fault
- Work with the developers to eliminate horizontal privilege escalation opportunities
- Test the applications for the existence of built-in- back doors left by the developers
- Hash the application to verify it won’t cause a false positive on the HIPS
An attacker compromises a public CA and issues unauthorized X.509 certificates for Company.com. In the future, Company.com wants to mitigate the impact of similar incidents. Which of the following would assist Company.com with its goal?
- Certificate pinning
- Certificate stapling
- Certificate chaining
- Certificate with extended validation
A systems administrator is attempting to recover from a catastrophic failure in the datacenter. To recover the domain controller, the systems administrator needs to provide the domain administrator credentials. Which of the following account types is the systems administrator using?
- Shared account
- Guest account
- Service account
- User account
A security administrator has found a hash in the environment known to belong to malware. The administrator then finds this file to be in in the preupdate area of the OS, which indicates it was pushed from the central patch system.
File: winx86_adobe_flash_upgrade.exe Hash: 99ac28bede43ab869b853ba62c4ea243
The administrator pulls a report from the patch management system with the following output:
Given the above outputs, which of the following MOST likely happened?
- The file was corrupted after it left the patch system.
- The file was infected when the patch manager downloaded it.
- The file was not approved in the application whitelist system.
- The file was embedded with a logic bomb to evade detection.
A network administrator at a small office wants to simplify the configuration of mobile clients connecting to an encrypted wireless network. Which of the following should be implemented in the administrator does not want to provide the wireless password or he certificate to the employees?
When connected to a secure WAP, which of the following encryption technologies is MOST likely to be configured when connecting to WPA2-PSK?
A company has a data classification system with definitions for “Private” and “Public”. The company’s security policy outlines how data should be protected based on type. The company recently added the data type “Proprietary”.
Which of the following is the MOST likely reason the company added this data type?
- Reduced cost
- More searchable data
- Better data classification
- Expanded authority of the privacy officer
When configuring settings in a mandatory access control environment, which of the following specifies the subjects that can access specific data objects?
A high-security defense installation recently begun utilizing large guard dogs that bark very loudly and excitedly at the slightest provocation. Which of the following types of controls does this BEST describe?
A company’s user lockout policy is enabled after five unsuccessful login attempts. The help desk notices a user is repeatedly locked out over the course of a workweek. Upon contacting the user, the help desk discovers the user is on vacation and does not have network access. Which of the following types of attacks are MOST likely occurring? (Select two.)
- Rainbow tables
- Brute force
- Pass the hash
Ann. An employee in the payroll department, has contacted the help desk citing multiple issues with her device, including:
– Slow performance
– Word documents, PDFs, and images no longer opening
– A pop-up
Ann states the issues began after she opened an invoice that a vendor emailed to her. Upon opening the invoice, she had to click several security warnings to view it in her word processor. With which of the following is the device MOST likely infected?