Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by InfraExam
TK0-201 : CompTIA CTT+ Essentials : Part 03
Pause at an appropriate place during a presentation can contribute to: (Select TWO)
- Reviewing the material
- Maintaining consistent behavior
- Adding emphasis to a statement
- Pronouncing words properly
- Assessing learner’s level of interest
Prior to a course an instructor remembers that learners always challenge a topic’s technical accuracy. Which of the following actions should the instructor take in order to avoid this?
- Allow the learners to decide on a resolution.
- Omit the topic from the course.
- Tell the learners that controversy on this topic is normal
- Produce authoritative references.
An instructor gives several tests over the course of the class. The tests given should focus on:
- The prerequisites of the course
- The syllabus objectives
- Knowledge learned
- Objectives covered
A contract instructor is preparing training materials for a corporate client. The corporate client has supplied standardized material, but wishes to tailor it for their particular needs. Which of the following steps would BEST address this situation?
- Use the standardized material and supply the learners with supplemental visual aids,
- Modify the standardized materials as necessary to suit the expectations of the corporate client.
- Use the standardized material and explain how this material will be sufficient to meet their needs
- Ask the corporate client to supplement the material after the class.
An instructor is delivering a course with limited time and has learners with various skill levels. Which of the following would the instructor do to BEST follow up any needs of the learners?
- Offer fee based consulting for the program
- Divide the class into groups with similar skill sets
- Provide additional material on the technology
- Contract for additional training time
An instructor was preparing for a one-hour virtual class anticipating that several questions would come up during the event. Which of the following steps should the instructor take to prepare for this session?
- Conduct a pre-course assessment to defer any questions
- Ask all participants to hold questions until the end to manage time
- Prepare answers to common questions ahead of time
- Only allow five minutes for questions at the beginning of the training
An instructor is teaching a beginner topic. Most of the learners explain that they are already familiar with the course content. Which of the following should the instructor do?
- Continue the class as planned assuring completion of current course objectives
- Ask the advanced learners what they would like to cover in the course and then change objectives based on advanced learner’s requests.
- Ask the experienced learners to return for a more advanced course
- Modify the curriculum as necessary to fulfill student expectations while still meeting course objectives.
While giving an overhead presentation the projector being used powers off. Which of the following is the FIRST course of action?
- Take a break and have technical support address the problem.
- Lecture from the instructor notes until the next break.
- Dismiss the class until the projector can be fixed.
- Have technical support correct the problem immediately during class
An instructor is contracted to teach a highly technical on-site course. The instructor walks into a classroom filled with learners from various backgrounds. Which of the following should the instructor do FIRST?
- Ask each student about their level of knowledge about the content in order to tailor the courseware
- Incorporate more demonstrations during course delivery to make the content more interesting.
- Immediately discuss the nature of the situation with the course contact and ask how much of the content should actually be taught
- Reschedule the class after a skills assessment to better prepare for the class.
Which of the following is the BEST example of a probing questioning?
- Ask a question about a scenario that relates to a subject or process.
- Ask a general question followed by more detailed questions on a subject or process.
- Ask a basic question and ask the learner to apply a real world answer.
- Ask a specific question and then have it redirected to other learners to probe their understanding
An instructor is teaching an advanced two-day workshop for experienced users of a specific software program. The learners were recommended to participate by their supervisors. The instructor is informally talking with the learners prior to the first session, when one learner confides concerns about their ability to succeed in the course. The BEST way for the instructor to respond to the learner is to:
- Convince the learner they should feel confident because of the recommendation by the learner’s supervisor
- Offer to contact the learner’s supervisor and verify that the learner has the prerequisite skills for the course.
- Monitor the learner’s performance during the first part of the course and meet with the learner at the first break.
- Assure the learner that the course material for the workshop will teach what the learner needs to succeed in the course.
An instructor is teaching a virtual class and notices that learner interaction has begun to taper off. A break was recently taken so fatigue does not seem to be the issue, but rather a lack of understanding. Which of the following should the instructor implement to help identify where learners are getting confused”?
- Switching from lecture to a more visual training method.
- Quiz the learners during the virtual session.
- Conduct a quick review session.
- Introduce supporting materials.
Which of the following methods will monitor the learning retention that is occurring during training?
- Learner’s self-assessment and evaluation
- Initial learner assessment
- Instructor evaluation form
An instructor is preparing for a technical class. In the past some of the course has proven confusing. The instructor wants to be able to cover all concepts so there is no confusion. Which of the following might the instructor do to BEST provide clarity for the learners?
- Assign independent labs for each concept
- Provide a technical document for each concept
- Apply real world examples for each concept
- Spend more time in open discussion
At the end of a class, Internet access becomes unavailable. The client provides an online evaluation form for each class. Each learner is required to fill out an evaluation of the course. Which of the following should the instructor do to fulfill the client’s requirements?
- Contact the IT staff to determine when the Internet connection will be available.
- Ask the learners to complete the evaluation form after returning to their desks.
- Submit in the post-class report why evaluations were not complete.
- Provide paper copies of the online evaluation to the learners.
Upon answering a learner’s question an instructor should then:
- Review the section that has just been covered
- Validate that the learner has understood and is ready to continue
- Proceed to the next section assuming that there are no further questions
- Elicit further questions from the class as a whole
An instructor receives a 125MB graphic file on a universal serial bus (USB) drive that will be used in a virtual classroom session. The instructor knows that the learners will be attending this virtual class using low bandwidth connections around the world. Which of the following should the instructor do to ensure that the learners will be able to easily receive the document?
- Purchase small USB drives that support encryption. Place the file on each USB drive and then ship the drives to the learners prior to the class.
- Place the file on a media share website. Email the learners a link to the location of the document and ask them to download it prior to the class.
- Print copies of the document and mail them to the learners prior to the class. Refer to the printed document during the virtual class session, and display it in the presentation.
- Email the document prior to the class and have the learners figure out how to access it with limited bandwidth.
A learner is consistently questioning their performance during a lab activity and needs the instructor’s approval. The instructor observes that the learner is very hesitant to do the lab steps but completes the work correctly. Which of the following would the instructor do to BEST aid the learner?
- Immediately go back to observe the learner when lab activity is required
- Help other learners first then go to the one learner.
- Allow time before or after class for the learner to complete the activities.
- Reaffirm the correct abilities of the learner
For this question, decide whether the action makes it likely or unlikely that a trainer will achieve the goal. Select the BEST statement that explains why the action is likely or unlikely to accomplish the goal.
GOAL: To facilitate the learning process for a group of learners in a training class who are falling behind the more advanced learners
ACTION: The trainer asks the more advanced learners to tutor the less advanced learners during the last part of each class.
- Likely, because the more advanced learners will feel flattered by being asked to act as tutors.
- Likely, because the less advanced learners will respond positively to peer tutoring.
- Unlikely, because the more advanced learners might not have any teaching experience.
- Unlikely, because instructional time will be reduced for the less advanced learners.
A course is two days in length, and has at its core a four-step process. At the end of the first day, learners should be able to effectively demonstrate the first two steps of the model; however, it is clear a number of participants have not yet mastered the second step of the model. The instructor should:
- Plan to practice the second step of the model at the star of day two
- Meet individually with the learners who seem to be struggling
- Only focus on the first two steps of the model
- Continue with the course as planned on day two